Untitled Document
  Close[X] 
 

D. LIVELIHOOD PROMOTION PROGRAMME

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To encourage livelihood generation activities for women without differentiation of caste or creed, VikalpSamajikSanstha is working in the sector of livelihood promotion activities, where, SHG of women which is voluntary group and any women of the community, can participate and become a part of the self-help group.
In order to promote livelihood, women are encouraged, and regular weekly meeting are held, in these meetings other than livelihood generation activities other problems are identified, solutions are discussed and implemented as well, these include,

  • - Opportunities and new chances of livelihood
  • - Prevention of disease which attack in specific season
  • - Improvement in Livelihood generation
  • - Family planning and population control
  • - Problems of present day, Malnutrition and supplementary food
  • - Information on Nutrition and Diet
  • - Information on compulsory education
  • - Aware and inform about Human Rights etc.

 

Vikalp samajik Sanstha approach the rural areas in order to improve lifestyle of people and solve problems through the meetings held of SHGs.

Outcomes:
Presently, more than a 100 SHGs, in which more than 500 women are involved on which VSS is working with. In these SHGs, 47% women are Muslims and the rest 53% women are from Hindu community.

Objectives of the Project:
The main objective of this scheme is to provide help and support so that the economically weaker families could help themselves to raise their standard of living and within 2-3 years make them self-sufficient to make then economically stronger, which will in turn strengthen the community. These groups were also linked to income generation, saving and then to banking.

Covered Areas: Blocks-Thikri/ Urban Area-Anjad
The organization is working on livelihood promotion programs in the rural parts of Blocks of Badwani, Rajpur, Thikri and Party, of District Badwani, from the year 2007

Types of Population:
Through this program strengthening of economically weaker groups of urban and rural population are focused. At present, 600 families from urban and rural have received benefit from this program.

Major Outcomes:
From last 07 years, continuous efforts are made to buttress the need of the EW section of the society, which orient around 600 women towards employment. Other than livelihood promotion activities VSS team also makes aware about the health related issues time to time and this has resulted in increase in the working hours which will in return increase the income of the family.